FRONT YARD OF THE MAIN HOUSE WITH SERVANT QUARTERS BY THE SIDE AT THE END OF THE LONG DRIVEWAY. SOME PHOTOS AND VIDEOS ON THIS SITE, I DO NOT OWN. HOWEVER, I HAVE NO INTENTION IN INFRINGING ON YOUR COPYRIGHTS.

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Resin Coasters Making -Another Enjoyable THD Activity

Yesterday's Afternoon, Resin Coasters making Activity is another activity I enjoyed. Kudos to Alexis, Our Activity Director for a well-organized, well-planned and executed activity. I used  my two pictures as well as shells, dried flowers and  small decorative stones as follows:    


1970 Photo of me and Macrine (RIP)

My Recent Photo, 2026 Luau- Photo Credit: Jenny Shively  


 Preparing for the resin molding 

I made 3 resin coasters, 2 are my own photos and one with a shell, stone and dried flowers arrangement. Here are some photos I took during our resin coasters making activity. Our creation will be baked for 3 days and looking forward to see my three finished products.

Partial molding

Capable Alexis Jones, Our Activity Director 
Materials Galore-shells, Dried  Flowers and Decorative Small stones 


Finished Molding- Just waiting to Bake and Dry -My Mother of Pearl Creation 

Completed Molding- Waiting to be Baked for 3 Days for the finished Product 

Finally, Good News from Joel  
In our next week Dinner Menu, we will have Paella. I suggested this dish several weeks ago.
I am so happy, my wish will be granted next week. If you are not familiar with Paella, here's what Wikipedia says:     

  The essential ingredients for a traditional Paella include short-grain Spanish rice, saffron, olive oil, and a choice of meats or seafood.

The Base and Aromatics
  • Rice: Short-grain Spanish rice like Bomba or Calasparra absorbs liquid well without getting mushy.
  • Saffron: Gives the dish its signature yellow color and earthy flavor.
  • Sofrito base: Grated or crushed tomatoes, garlic, and onions cooked down in olive oil.
  • Broth: Chicken stock, vegetable stock, or rich seafood/clam stock depending on the recipe style.
  • Spices & herbs: Smoked Spanish paprika (pimentón), salt, and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
Traditional Add-Ins (Valencian Style)
  • Meats: Chicken and rabbit.
  • Vegetables: Flat green beans (such as bajoqueta or romano beans) and white lima beans (garrofó). 
Popular Seafood and Mixed Variations
  • Seafood: Jumbo shrimp, mussels, clams, and calamari (squid).
  • Other additions: Artichoke hearts, green peas, or Spanish chorizo (though chorizo is controversial in traditional Valencian recipes).
Seafood Paella is one of my favorite Pinoy Dishes- we called it Arroz Valenciana


 

No comments: