FRONT YARD OF THE MAIN HOUSE WITH SERVANT QUARTERS BY THE SIDE AT THE END OF THE LONG DRIVEWAY. SOME PHOTOS AND VIDEOS ON THIS SITE, I DO NOT OWN. HOWEVER, I HAVE NO INTENTION IN INFRINGING ON YOUR COPYRIGHTS.

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

When Paella Came to THD: A Taste of My Filipino Roots

I especially like the “California David with Filipino David” idea for this post. It connects beautifully with your broader theme of aging: you have changed countries, careers, homes, and decades, but the young David from Iloilo is still there whenever a familiar food, song, place, or memory brings him back.

Moreover, this is a wonderful subject for you because the paella is more than a meal at THD, it becomes a bridge between your life today in Walnut Creek and your childhood memories in the Philippines. I would also emphasize that your suggestion to Chef Joel helped bring this dish to Newton’s. For more information on Paella, visit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paella


No comments: